Incepted in August 2007, Virtus Wellness is the brainchild of renowned fitness consultant Shiraz Siddiqui. Having astutely gauged the intricate ill effects of stress linked with a sedentary modern lifestyle, he resolved to place his passion for fitness in perspective towards the larger cause of the community. In a short span, we have carved a niche as a value provider of the complete range of fitness training and nutrition consulting services. Needless to say, numerous accreditations from an ever-growing list of clientele and the heartfelt acknowledgements from fitness tycoons across the globe bear ample testimony to this fact. Read More
The driving force behind the fitness team, Shiraz Siddiqui adds a wealth of professional experience of over 20 years at Virtus Wellness along with his highly acknowledged certifications from top fitness training institutes-
- Graduate from Mumbai University.
- Certified from ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine)
- Certified Trainer from Progressive Fitness, USA
- Certified Nutrition Consultant from Progressive Fitness, USA
- Certified in Sports Nutrition & Sports Supplements from Progressive Fitness, USA
- Certified Prenatal & Postnatal training consultant from SCW (Sara City Workout), USA
- Certified in Pilates Mat & Small Apparatus Workout from SCW
- Certified in Moms-in-Motion (Prenatal & Postnatal Fitness Education) from SCW
- Certified Competitive Swimming Coach from YMCA of Greater Kentucky, USA
- Certified in Advanced Aquatic Training & Pool Management from YMCA of Greater Kentucky, USA
- Proficient in Weight Management, Obesity & Lifestyle Management
- Popular Article Writer & Counselor for Cancer & its Treatments
- Practitioner and trainer for Kung fu, Wushu and Tai Chi
- Certified in Hotel Administration & Restaurant Management (Major in Nutrition and Low Cal Cooking) from Sophia B. K. Somani Polytechnic MUMBAI
- Fitness and Nutrition consultant for Nirmal Lifestyle since 2008 till date
- Fitness and Nutrition consultant for SVKM (Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal) group of schools & colleges since 2007 till date
- Fitness and Nutrition consultant for DDecor Fabrics Pvt. Ltd. since 2016 till date
- 8 years of professional experience as Fitness and Nutrition consultant at J W Marriot Hotel (Juhu – Mumbai)
- Won BEST SPA IN ASIA for 3 years
- Marriott award for the BEST EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR for 2 years
- BEST LEADERSHIP AWARD
- NOMINATED for MARRIOTT EXCELLENCE AWARD.
- Gave lectures to the chefs on Nutrition, Recipe modification, Menu planning, Spa menu planning.
- Conducted classes for the employees on fitness at work.
- Ergonomic training for the management and staff.
- Organizing events for the Club house members and in house guests (e.g. Marathon, 7km run, seminars on health and wellness)
- Counselor for Special population like people diagnosed with cancer or people who have undergone a Kidney transplant, Bone Marrow transplant, Bypass surgery, etc.
- 3.5 years of professional experience as Head trainer at Shape U – Health and beauty clinic (Mulund)
- Won Life Time Achievement Award “Against the Odds” category in NDTV – Nirmal Lifestyle’s Marks for Sports Campaign: Spirit of Sport Awards.
- Consulted and trained various top doctors & clients from different fields
- Currently trained huge number of Corporate clients for the Mumbai Marathon – 21 K & 42 K
- Conducted Couch to 5 K & Conquer 10 K runs for corporates
- Cancer Survivor
- Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon Jan 2016 – 21 km
- Nilgiris Ultra Run Nov 2016 – 25 km (4th in the Category)
- Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon Jan 2017 – 42 km
- Amazing Thailand Marathon Bangkok Feb 2018 – 21 km
- BNP Ultra Run Feb 2018 – 50 km
- PNB MetLife Satara Hill Half Marathon Sept 2018 – 21 km
- Standard Chartered Dubai Marathon January 2019 – 42 K
- Tata Mumbai Marathon January 2020 – 42 K (Personal best timing – 03:35:47)
- Maharashtra Police International Marathon – 21 K (Personal best timing – 01:36:15)
- Currently preparing for the Ironman Triathlon and Comrades Marathon